Our website address is: https://www.harrisaveryhair.co.uk.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Your name and email address for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletter;
- Your name, email address and telephone number when you contact us through our website;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation)
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to improve your browsing experience;
- to send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- to address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and to contact you for your views on our services
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Harris Avery Hairdressing activities, we will send you communications electronically. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please select to opt out of our emails via the link provided.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you, including to suppliers who provide marketing.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE UK AND EUROPE
Most of your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA however we do use the services of a third party providers for some of our marketing activities. See their privacy policies:
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the right in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party; and
Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information where we rely upon your consent to process the information.
- If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us using the details below.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
A ‘cookie’ is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
We also keep track of your IP address to gather broad demographic information about you, such as your location and your Internet Service Provider. Harris Avery Hair may also collect aggregate information on how our users are utilising the site. This might include information regarding traffic patterns through the site.
For more information on cookies and their use please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limited access to your data to those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will update this policy if the arrangements under which we process your data change. Please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes, and any substantial changes or those affecting your rights and freedoms will be highlighted on our website.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the contact form.